Intelligent by Design
One of the coolest things about active loudspeakers is the lack of back-breaking racks of amps, crossovers and EQs that are often required to make passive speaker systems sound almost as good. But that comes with a trade-off — that extra weight is transferred to the loudspeaker, making it difficult for a single user to heave all that mass onto the top of a speaker stand. BEHRINGER’s D Series’ “Intelligent-Design” merges the best features of active loudspeakers with significantly lower weight by using switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology. Hidden deep inside each enclosure is the equivalent of an active 2-way electronic crossover, graphic EQ, parametric EQ, mic preamp, limiter and two Class-D power amplifiers, yet overall weight is less than comparable loudspeaker systems! These components work together seamlessly to provide optimum sound quality — and it all takes place automatically, without you having to touch a single knob.
Class D Amplifier Technology Delivers High Power With Low Weight.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices. This is easy in theory and complex in practice, which is why there are so many different Class D designs. Without boring you with terms like PWM Generation and Gate Drivers, let’s just say that to realize the benefits of a Class D design requires compensating for a lot of potential problems that can cause audible distortion. BEHRINGER didn’t invent Class D technology, but our R&D Department has been working for years to perfect our own version with all the benefits of reduced weight and cool running, and none of the drawbacks. That’s why we invested over a solid year of research time eliminating pitfalls like quantizing errors and excess dead time, selecting just the right switching frequency (and other equally tech-y terms). And why we spent an equally long time testing individual components to ensure they will stand up to the rigors of the real world. When combined with switching-mode power supplies that replace heavy toroid transformers, our new designs provide more dynamic punch since the higher switching frequency reloads the supply’s capacitors much faster. And, because they are so much more efficient, the D Series runs cooler and doesn’t require huge, heavy heat sinks. The resulting speakers systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up. Our no-compromise design means your D Series active loudspeakers will deliver full power and incredible fidelity all night long, with no need for rest cycles.
Thanks to their trapezoidal design, these cabinets can be laid on their side providing the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4″ cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR LINK OUTPUT jack on the rear panel. FEATURES
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 10” long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.35” aluminum-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential/conical horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning
- – Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket
- – Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handle for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany