TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 gives you instant command of your decks and effect parameters whether you are a DJ using DVS (Digital Vinyl System) timecode or software. Simply connect the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 to a computer running TRAKTOR (or other performance software) and take charge. Robust rotary knobs with a heavy-duty feel and backlit buttons provide precise visual and tactile status feedback, letting you delve deep inside TRAKTOR without having to touch your computer.
Everything under Kontrol:
Traktor Kontrol X1’s bidirectional communication with TRAKTOR through Native Instruments’ high-resolution protocol gives the controller’s hardware a smoother and more precise feel compared to regular MIDI controllers. All buttons and knobs have been pre-mapped for optimum TRAKTOR use but can be reconfigured in any way you like. TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 can also be used as a MIDI controller for any software as well as expanded with a second unit to control 4 decks and 4 FX units.
Access all areas:
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1’s high-quality, backlit LED buttons and push encoders are clearly arranged into distinct transport, browse, loop, and effects sections. With enough room for convenient control of selecting, cueing, syncing, and pitching tracks, you always have the right music on hand. 8 knobs and 8 buttons simultaneously control up to 3 effects on each deck, while the intuitive loop control section together with direct access to 8 hotcues per track will have you remixing your music without interrupting the flow.
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 comes with a powerful selection of software to get you mixing and making music straight out of the box. The included software consists of:
TRAKTOR LE: TRAKTOR LE makes it easy to mix your digital music files. This convenient DJ software offers 2 playback decks, a 2-channel mixer, and more.
KORE 2 PLAYER & KORE Instrument: If you produce your own music, the included KORE 2 PLAYER offers 600MB of production-ready sounds for use in any sequencer.
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 stands out with exceptionally high-quality workmanship. With meticulous attention to detail, the knobs and buttons have been designed for maximum accuracy and precision in both look and feel. With its slim, yet super-sturdy construction, the X1 is your companion in any DJing situation. The optional (sold separately) transport bag not only serves to securely transport the unit, but can be turned into a stand that puts X1 at exactly the same height as standard mixers and other DJ hardware.
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 features a total of 30 buttons, 4 push encoders, and 8 knobs arranged in the following sections:
EFFECTS SECTION: 8 high-resolution potentiometers and 8 buttons make up the effect section of the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1. This section allows control of all the parameters of 2 TRAKTOR effect units simultaneously. In Chained mode, this means simultaneous control over 3 effects per deck. The effects section buttons are programmed to give direct access to 3 of your favorite effect presets.
BROWSE SECTION: One push encoder per deck is dedicated to browsing through play lists and loading tracks. Simply turn the push encoder to find the track you want, and push it to load it into the corresponding deck. Once the track is loaded the same encoders seek through the track, using tempo sync’d beat jumps to remain in time.
LOOP SECTION: This section allows for intuitive control of TRAKTOR’s loop function, giving clear visual feedback about the loop status with LEDs. The section offers first-level access to auto loops and manual loops as well as loop editing functions such as loop size and loop position, both coarse and fine.
TRANSPORT SECTION: This section provides direct access to basic playback controls as well as shifted access to 8 secondary functions for each deck. All buttons for industry standard workflows (Play, Sync, Cue, and Cup) are located here. Switch to hotcue mode and you get another 16 buttons for controlling the 8 hot cues or hot loops per track. Plus, the CUP button flashes in time with the deck’s BPM as an added visual mix aid.
Compatibility Notice: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (release date 9/30/15)
As with all major operating system updates, it is vital to check the compatibility of your hardware and software before upgrading your system. For new computer owners, it’ highly advised to check with manufacturers on when they expect their products to be fully compatible with the latest operating system.
- Top features:
- Designed by the creators of TRAKTOR for perfect software integration
- Plug and play: instant recognition by TRAKTOR with no setup required
- Precision-designed high-end buttons, knobs, and encoders
- Software-controlled backlit buttons for comprehensive visual feedback
- Lightweight, robust housing with a slim, ultraportable form factor; fits perfectly alongside a standard club mixer
- Super-intuitive loop and cue control section
- 8 knobs and 8 buttons for simultaneous access to all effect parameters of both decks
- Push encoders for browsing and loading tracks to each deck instantly
- Expandable: connect 2 X1s to control 4 decks
- Compatible: Includes MIDI templates for controlling other DJ and performance software
- Optional TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 padded gig bag (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 4.7″W x 2″H x 11-1/2″D
- Weight: 1-1/2 lb.
- Advanced features:
- Seamlessly adjustable LED brightness adapts to any environment from bright daylight to the darkest club
- Button-off glow for reading button labels in absolute darkness
- All buttons feature backlights in multiple colors for ease-of-use. FX buttons: orange, Transport buttons: blue, MIDI mode: green, Shift and Hotcue buttons: white.
- Bi-directional communication with TRAKTOR using NHL (Native Hardware Library). The NHL protocol features resolution that is almost 4 times that of a regular MIDI
- Calibration wizard precisely and individually defines mid-point of each knob
- Controller is premapped by the makers of TRAKTOR, with the option to freely customize any individual part. Tweak the defaults or reconfigure the mapping entirely to your preferred workflow.
- Included powerful MIDI configuration software provides templates for various applications and gives access to advanced features such as encoder step size, note up/down encoder messages, and more
Traktor Kontrol X1 Performance DJ Controller
- System requirements:
Windows: Windows XP (SP2, 32 bit); Vista (SP1, 32 bit, 64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit, 64 bit); Pentium IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1); 1GB RAM
Mac: Mac OS X 10.5; Mac OS X 10.6; G4 1, 4GHz or Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz; 1GB RAMGeneral: Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution; USB 2.0; DVD drive
Power supply through USB 2.0 interface, 5V 500mA bus power.
No additional power supply or battery is needed.